Current Jobs List
Director, Business Development and Sales, Asia
- Canadian Commercial Corporation
Director, Business Development and Sales, Asia
Canadian Commercial Corporation
Headquartered in Ottawa, the Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC) is a federal Crown corporation mandated to promote and facilitate international trade on behalf of Canadian industry, particularly within government markets. CCC deals with almost 180 Canadian exporters operating in some 60 countries, manages approximately $2 billion dollars of export contracts annually, and is able to offer exporters exceptional access to foreign government procurement opportunities through its government-to-government contracting service.
As it looks to continuously build its international business, CCC is seeking a dynamic and proven sales executive as its new Director, Business Development and Sales (BD&S) - Asia to work abroad based in Asian region. The successful candidate will increase sales opportunities in Asia in the defence/security and infrastructure/international commercial business sectors, augmenting Canadian market share and Canadian exporter profile; achieve regional and corporate objectives; and ensure long-term business growth for CCC. The Director, BD&S – Asia, acts as a subject matter expert on the sale, export and provision of Canadian goods and services, and on the Asia market, by occupying a strong physical presence in the market, acting as a point of contact, and continuously conducting and recording market intelligence in CCC’s Client Relationship Management system (CRM). The Director’s focus is on identifying, analyzing, evaluating and developing current and future business opportunities in Asia that can be filled by Canadian suppliers through a government-to-government contracting mechanism.
As an ideal candidate, you have at least ten (10) years of experience in project development in an international business environment in the Asian market. You have significant experience negotiating contracts on behalf of Canadian exporters, international agencies, foreign private buyers or governments in Asia. You identify and develop leads into pursuits and manage major proposals in response to international calls for bids. You are a natural in dealing with government export credit agencies, developing productive relationships with strategic partners and with foreign governments/agencies at all levels due to your outstanding communication skills. Fluency in English is required, and proficiency in French and/or an Asian language would be a significant asset.
Position Level: CCC-8
Position Salary: $106,900 to $140,700 (EX-01/EX-02 equivalent within the Government of Canada)
Who Can Apply
• Employees of the Public Service of Canada, Federal Government Departments and Government of Canada agencies, occupying a position in Canada or abroad.
o Indeterminate employees at the same group and level or equivalent may be considered for deployment (i.e. Interchange). We may consider term, acting and/or assignment.
• Experienced business development executives from the public and private sectors.
Location: Bangkok, Manila, Kula Lumpur or Singapore (to be determined)
Tenure: Indeterminate position, with a one (1) year probation period.
Conditions of employment
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Top Secret security clearance.
• Canadian citizenship.
• A minimum three (3) year commitment to work abroad at the identified location is required.
For more information on this outstanding opportunity, please see the position’s requirements and detailed work description below. To apply please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
by quoting reference number 2016-CCC-08 by September 9, 2016.
Please visit Current Openings on CCC's website at www.ccc.ca to view the position's Work Description and Statement of Qualifications documents
**We would like thank all those who apply and please be advised that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. **
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR, SIMULATION & TRAINING
- D-BOX TECHNOLOGIES INC.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the Global Director, Simulation & Training, the primary mandate of the Senior Director, Business Development, Simulation & Training will be to generate growth and profitability for the simulation and training market. While participating in business development and sales, the Senior Director, Business Development, Simulation & Training must also ensure the direct supervision of his team.
• Participate in the development of the sales market strategy and ensure its growth;
• Manage all major accounts in a proactive manner by targeting executives and influencers;
• Manage and supervise the teams resources by evaluating their individual performances in order to meet business goals;
• Participate in contract negotiations with the assistance of the company’s Vice President, Legal Affairs when necessary;
• Support the creation and maintenance of a true partnership with clients beyond the typical business relationship;
• In collaboration with the manager, identify and sign the strategic agreements;
• Prepare, present and/or supervise complex or challenging sales proposals;
• Participate in the promotion of products and solutions through various events such as conferences and trade shows;
• Document marketing intelligence, existing and potential clients in the CRM database.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent;
• 5+ years of experience and demonstrated success in business development and/or sales;
• Strong sales management skills;
• Excellent proficiency in office software, particularly Excel;
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage tight deadlines efficiently;
• Ability to act as a trusted leader and strong supporter of the company’s policies;
• Excellent proficiency in English, both written and spoken;
• Profound understanding of the simulation and training market, products, players and the company’s technology, as well as a strong network of contacts in the related field is an important asset;
• Experience in a technical environment is an asset.
• Ability to travel within Canada and overseas (annual average 50%).