Current Jobs List
Principal Program Manager
- Rockwell Collins Canada
- Leisa Young - Manager, Human Resources
email@example.com / 1 613 595-2236
Apply online via our careers website: jobs.rockwellcollins.com
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
This is a unique opportunity to become a key member of our Rockwell Collins team in Ottawa. Reporting to the Programs Manager of the Americas for Rockwell Collins Government Systems Communication and Navigation division, this position will lead pursuit order capture and program execution in Canada within a team of Program Management, Business Development and Engineering.
Program Managers direct cross-functional teams through the complete life cycle of a program, from pursuit through execution to close-out. This position will lead pursuits and tactical execution of both customer and company-funded developments in the Canadian Department of Defense and Defense industry. This includes ensuring that all required resources are available for the program, meeting budget and schedule, risk management, and support of program status reviews.
This position will represent the capabilities from the global Rockwell Collins portfolio into Canada; and will represent Rockwell Collins Canada capabilities, including Mobile Ad-Hoc networking technologies, communications network Modeling and Simulation, and In-Service Support, globally.
Job Responsibilities Include:
Lead pursuit and order capture strategies including the definition of the customer’s Most Important Requirements, analysis of competitors, and maintenance of the customer relationship.
Influence overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization with responsibility for managing a program which is of moderate risk and complexity or portions of larger programs.
Responsible for existing products, services, and business, inclusive of product and service roadmap for future product features / enhancements.
Plans, directs, and monitors program budget and serves as primary customer contact for program information. Has R&D responsibility for enhancements to existing products.
Ensures that all required resources such as engineering, engineering support, production, services, facilities and the like are available for the programs
Responsible for meeting program budget and schedule.
Has primary responsibility for program growth.
Responsible for marketing new technology or follow-on business.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline and typically 7- 10 years’ related experience, or in the absence of a degree, an appropriate combination of education and experience may be considered.
The successful candidate must be eligible to obtain a government of Canada SECRET level security clearance.
Multiple years of experience planning, directing and monitoring program budgets and serving as primary customer contact for program information.
Experience working within and directing a cross-functional team.
Account Executive - Military/Government Contracts
- FELLFAB Limited
- Christine Hoey, Human Resources Manager
2343 Barton Street East | Hamilton, ON | L8E 5V8
We are currently recruiting for an Account Executive – Government Contracts to join our team. Ottawa and or Hamilton, Ontario.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for maintaining and growing existing accounts, securing new customers, responding to customer inquiries and preparation of bid packages within the Government/Military market segment and associated entities.
* Grow FELLFAB Limited as a prime supplier to the Canadian Government/Military Segment
* Provide market research identifying new opportunities
* Initiate and establish contacts within all sectors of the Canadian Government including Military, the United Nations and Military Prime Contractors.
* Focus on establishing and maintaining strategic long term relationships.
* Lead in the identification of new products for the organization
* Review MERX and Buyandsell.gc.ca daily for tender opportunities
* Develop Sales Strategies to penetrate existing accounts, acquire new opportunities and expand product offerings
* Promote FELLFAB Limited within the Government and Military industry through business travel
* Develop new business opportunities by researching and identifying potential government tenders using Canadian bid sites
* Generate quoting activity and successfully secure sales opportunities
* Introduce opportunities through the RFQ process by acquiring specifications and drawings, coordinating pre-award samples and by completing bid documentation prior to submission
* Manage delivery schedules, respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer complaints
* Develop a sales and marketing plan to generate revenues
* Secure new contracts and manage all accounts through prospecting, business development, and market penetration
* Provide full cycle project management to ensure customer requirements are met
* Initiate the contract review process
* Conduct presentations and training demonstrations as required
* Attend conferences, conventions, sales meetings & trade shows
* Validate sales activities through trip reports and Sales and Marketing reports
* Complete weekly activities log
* Ensure customer expectations are met
* Ensure that effective communications are carried out at all levels, both internally and externally
* Develop and maintain strong customer relationships
* Provide continuous customer service
* Provide engineered solutions by communicating product improvements and recommendations that originate in the field to design engineering
* Minimize and resolve customer complaints in a timely fashion
* Maintain timely and accurate documentation of customer interactions
* Follow-up with customers as required regarding product status
* Liaise with all internal departments as required to ensure completion of bid packages and orders
* Provide post-sales support to end users to ensure customer satisfaction Educational, Work History and Skill Requirements:
* College or University diploma in a Business related field and equivalent work experience in a sales environment
* 5 years of account management experience in the Government and/or Military market segment Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Abilities Required:
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships
* Strong technical aptitude with the ability to interpret drawings and specifications within a manufacturing environment
* Sound knowledge of the federal acquisition process
* Ability to penetrate and sell to government decision makers
* Strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills
* Exceptional organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
* Self-starter who enjoys working independently and as part of a team
* Ability to interface with multiple functional departments
* Willingness to travel within North America (30% of the time)