Current Jobs List
Director, U.S. Government Relations
- Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC)
- If you wish to be considered for this outstanding opportunity, please submit your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting CCC reference no. 2015-CCC-08 by July 6, 2015. Please note that only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Headquartered in Ottawa, the Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC) is a federal Crown corporation mandated to promote and facilitate international trade on behalf of Canadian industry, particularly within government markets. CCC deals with almost 180 Canadian exporters operating in some 60 countries, manages approximately $2 billion dollars of export contracts annually, and is able to offer exporters exceptional access to foreign government procurement opportunities through its government to government contracting service. In 1956, the Defence Production Sharing Agreement (DPSA) gave the Corporation additional responsibility as the gateway between the U.S. Department of Defense and Canadian suppliers. Since 1978, CCC has operated within the International Trade portfolio of the Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) along with Export Development Canada.
As it looks to continuously build its U.S. business, CCC is seeking a dynamic and proven sales executive as its new Director, U.S. Government Relations. As CCCs champion for the DPSA, the Director, U.S. Government Relations will establish and maintain high level relationships with U.S. government and Department of Defense officials. They will develop and execute corporate strategies for outreach, networking and promotion to facilitate access for Canadian exporters to the U.S. Defence and Security markets. The Director, U.S. Government Relations will enhance executive decision-making related to the defence/security/aerospace business through the provision of strategic analysis, advice and intelligence from the field on evolving U.S. and global market developments and trends.
As an ideal candidate, you are a policy-wise and business-minded individual who is effective in collaborating with and exercising positive influence on a wide variety of stakeholders. Key attributes will include an outgoing nature, personable approach, articulate in written work, and effective public speaker. A natural communicator and relationship builder, you have a thorough grasp of the intricacies of marketing and promoting trade in support of the North American defence industrial base. You have at least ten (10) years’ experience in the defence, or defence related industry with a focus on procurement and contracting. You bring a proven ability to leverage partners and other resources to achieve results, and have built strong relationships with senior government officials, political staff, and industry representatives. Inclusive, diplomatic and open in nature, you have the well-honed ability to collaborate, exercise influence and buy-in from a wide variety of stakeholders. Importantly, you understand government and the role of CCC in the Canadian export landscape, and have a passion for helping Canadian companies succeed in a highly competitive global marketplace. Fluency in English and French (oral and written) is an asset.
Position salary: $105,700 to $139,300.
- DRS Technologies Canada Ltd.
- Applicants may apply to this position online at www.drs.com careers.
The Offsets Manager is responsible for managing the DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. (DRS TCL) Industrial and Technological Benefits (ITB) Program and Value Proposition (VP) commitments.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible to be the ITB and VP subject matter expert and manage DRS TCL’s compliance with Industry Canada’s ITB policies by developing ITB and VP strategies based on the company’s business plan, educating and influencing internal supply chain decisions, working with external suppliers to maximize ITB transactions and writing ITB proposals for government and prime system integrator proposals.
• Responsible for reporting and tracking of ITB compliance across DRS TCL’s government contracts for Canada.
• Serves as a primary interface with Industry Canada, Regional Development Agencies and Canadian suppliers for DRS TCL and has responsibility for managing the DRS TCL relationship with each of these organizations.
• Develops and implements Company ITB and VP programs that meet the company’s obligations within given budget requirements.
• Develops unique strategies to secure a competitive advantage, meet customer expectations and achieve revenues.
• Works closely with the Business Development and Program Management functions.
• Ensures all ITB and VP concepts are integrated into proposals.
• For existing ITB and VP requirements, the Manager will be responsible for the achievement of offset commitment during contract execution.
• Negotiation of ITB contractual requirements with customers, supplier and other stakeholders.
• Responsible for the overall integrity and validity of the Offset Offer and contract.
• An ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
• Excellent team player
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills
• Precise attention to detail
• An ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• An ability to work with minimal supervision
• Engineering or business degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
• Strong understanding of ITB and VP policies, supply chain management, contracts, and finance
• Proven ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with the Federal Government
• Well established capability to negotiate and seek solutions to complex and ever changing programs
• Creativity and tenacity
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to develop and successfully manage strategic business plans – full cycle business development experience (strategy, opportunity identification, marketing and sales)
• Ability to travel in Canada and internationally
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. DRS is dedicated to Employment Equity. The successful candidate(s) must fulfill requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian security clearance to secret. DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-Sales GIS Technical Solutions Specialist - National Security
- Esri Canada
- Visit www.esri.ca under company/careers tab
Submit your resume quoting file number 2015-012
Apply on website or email email@example.com (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada Limited has an immediate requirement in the NCR office for a Pre Sales Technical Solutions Specialist to support the sales efforts in the Defence, Intelligence, Security and Public Safety sectors. This position will report to the NCR Regional Director and work closely with the NCR Account Managers, Industry Managers and Professional Services Manager to demonstrate ArcGIS based template solutions and provide GIS technical advice to clients and business partners.
Pre-Sales Technical Solutions Specialist responsibilities include:
Pre-sales activities are designed to lead to the sale of products and services offered by Esri Canada. These activities are performed during sales calls, site visits, seminars, proposals, trade shows etc...
• Team up with account managers and industry managers to provide technical support and generate sales for key and emerging accounts.
• Advise customers on GIS requirements and strategies, architectures, products selection, and release planning.
• Leverage existing ArcGIS industry solutions and deliver effective demonstrations of ArcGIS products and solutions that address client needs and competitive situations.
• Work with the Esri Redlands development group, Esri Washington DC National Government team, Esri Canada’s Technology Strategy Group and Business Partners as required to design, develop and maintain National Security solution demonstrations.
• Assist customers on decisions regarding software solutions, professional services’ needs, business partner selection, and training requirements.
• Assist clients and business partners in integrating ArcGIS technology with their respective products and organizational data.
Post-sales activities are designed to continue and expand the use of products and services offered by Esri Canada and generate additional sales, development of good references, creation of customer satisfaction, and enhancement of Esri Canada's image as a solutions provider.
• Team up with industry managers and account managers to perform regular key account reviews and follow ups.
• Act as a technical advisor to customers and partners to provide GIS strategy support.
• Perform fee-based requirements analysis and definition, product installation and other post-sales services required by customers as required
• Prepare and teach standard and customized Esri Canada training courses as required.
Specific skill requirements:
• Minimum 5 years technical experience working within the Defence/ Security GIS industry.
• Strong knowledge of GIS solutions for Military, Intelligence and Public Safety applications.
• Experience with Esri’s ArcGIS for Server and Desktop software products.
• Experience in presenting all aspects of Esri technology to analysts and decision makers.
• University Degree, College Diploma or relevant experience in a related field of study.
• Willingness to travel throughout Canada and US.
• Willingness to relocate to Ottawa in the NCR office.
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret Security clearance.
Competencies in the following are essential:
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Courteous, well-spoken and customer focused
• Self-motivated, goal driven, and efficient team player
• Analytical and problem solving ability
• Initiative and follow-through ability
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
• Prior military or intelligence agency service in Canada
• Prior developer experience with GIS technology.
• Prior GIS development and implementation experience.
• Prior consulting services, sales support or sales engineer experience.
• Bilingual (English/French).
Executive Vice President - International Sales and Business Development
- Tecmotiv Corproation
- email to:
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Salary Range: $135,000 to $160,000 annually
Job Holder Reports to: President.
Job Holder directs the sales business development and activities of the company playing a key role in the company market presence in the international markets in a specialized niche military market.
Job covers activities of both companies - Tecmotiv Corporation, Ontario, Canada and Tecmotiv (USA) Inc., New York, USA.
Direct and manage activities of Tecmotiv’s Sales and Marketing Departments, including engaged Agents, Representatives, and Consultants.
Geographical Area – International world wide
Responsible for global business development; sales and marketing activities of the company; and playing a key role in the company market presence in the international markets.
Overall Job responsibilities will include:
• Develops policies, objectives and programs for marketing and sales activities of the organization which are in keeping with its expertise, its potential, and its long term and strategic plans for sustained growth
• Set strategy and direction for the marketing and customer relationship activities that will improve market penetration
• Take ownership of the management of the sales and marketing functions of the company by directing and coordinating the efforts of other marketing managers, consultants, agents, and representatives
• Provides feedback to the President and other Senior Management on marketing and sales issues and their impact on the other functions of the organization.
• Responsible for the overall management of all the strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities.
• Develops, along with the President, policies, objectives and programs for marketing and sales activities of the organization which are in keeping with its expertise, its potential, and its long term and strategic plans for sustained growth.
Skills and Education Requirements
Experience in senior role play, proven global negotiation skill, and success in cultivating customer loyalty. Proven experiences in the following disciplines are required in the applicant’s portfolio and required as a minimum:
• Experienced in marketing of military surplus vehicles and upgrade of armored vehicles.
• Familiarity with weapon systems; Turrets, Electro Optical Systems, Fire Control Systems, Communication and general applique systems.
• Gained recognition in global negotiations.
• Operational management of projects in foreign countries.
• Gained credibility with major defense contractors.
• Success in global negotiations in heavy armored vehicles.
• Recruitment of representatives / agents.
• Military background
Certification in related engineering disciplines and/or proven experience in global negotiations are essential supplemented with experience in heavy specialized vehicles.
Exposure and working in any military organization is an asset.
Fluency in other major languages is also desirable.
Resumes can be mailed to:
Exec VP International Posting
191 Caldari Road, Unit 9
Concord, On. Canada
Or email to:
Technical Security Specialist (TSS)
- Professional Development TSCM Group Inc.
- Please submit initial resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position involves working along side an experienced Technical Security Specialist (TSS), applicants with some level of experience are preferred, however, we will train suitable applicants for the position.
For additional job skill requirements and other information, please visit our website at www.pdtg.ca
Defence Consultant, and or Lobbyist
- ANDERSON Consultanting
We are defense & security consultants / brokers, and registered lobbyists, with one of the largest networks of defense consultants around the world.
We are always looking to add more Consultants, lobbyists, and Associates to our network, as well as new partners to develop new partnerships with.