Business Development Manager
Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) in Ottawa, Ontario
The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) is seeking a motivated & energetic Business Development Manager (BDM) to join a high performing and dynamic team to create & execute our domestic & global outreach program. This will be accomplished through value driven member engagement, insightful research and discovery of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. The ideal candidate will be expected to grasp this exciting role easily and quickly drive results, while assume a key leadership role within our membership business development team.
Objectives of this Role
- Develop a growth strategy focused on driving value for member/customer satisfaction and financial gain by developing current and new business opportunities for short/medium/long-term pipeline targets.
- Responsible for strategic planning, organization and management of all aspects for CADSI business development and outreach of international portfolio including international relationships via foreign embassies, members and key government partners.
- Responsible for curating high level comprehensive domestic & international strategy that aligns with CADSI properties such as CANSEC, as well as conferences and other collaborative events throughout Canada.
- Build market position by identifying, developing, defining, and assessing business relationships to ensure that CADSI remains the “go to” association for members and key stake holders.
- Manage and maintain a multifaceted membership / business opportunity pipeline and verbalize the appropriate value proposition for each.
- Communicate full advantages of membership, services and programs to prospective & current members.
- Oversees member issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, and delegate tasks that achieve strategic goals.
- Motivate the team, track performance, and report metrics.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends by researching industry and related events, tracking publications, announcements and meeting regularly with management and stakeholders to discuss strategy.
- Generate new leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select the deals in line with strategies, and lead and facilitate pitch logistics
- Identify, engage and cultivate favourable partnerships necessary for the success of the program
- Develop and implement comprehensive outbound sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company.
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Input new prospect information and maintain account information in organization’s CRM system
- Anticipate member services need and proactively create business development programs which exceed member expectations and achieve corporate goals
- Develop a thoroughly tested and executable member experience program resulting in a key metrics of positive member satisfaction
- University graduate in business management, sales or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience, or a related field an asset.
- Minimum of five years’ experience
- Experience in developing sales and customer service-related team and programs.
- Knowledge of the defence and security industrial sector an asset.
- Effective management of budgets and schedules.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Experience in results driven, easily executable and measurable member service business development programs
- Preferred Bilingual (English/French)
- Ability to forge relationships
- Acute sense of understanding customer service
- Ambitious and Creative
- Research skills
- Superior written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage time and multitask effectively.
- Must possess excellent writing skills and be an effective communicator among a diverse constituency.
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources
- Selling to customer’s needs
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter of no more than two pages that addresses the following points:
- Why you want to work for the CADSI.
- How your background and skills ideally suit you to fulfil this position.
- Ways in which your work experience demonstrate your result-oriented professional approach.
- Salary expectations.
Submissions should be sent by email to email@example.com by no later than midnight EDT on Friday November 8th, 2019. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) is the national industry voice of more than 900 Canadian defence and security companies that produce world-class goods, services and technologies made across Canada and sought the world over. The industries contribute to the employment of more than 60,000 Canadians and generate $10 billion in annual revenues, roughly 60 per cent of which come from exports. To learn more about CADSI and Canada’s defence and security industry, visit www.defenceandsecurity.ca and follow us on Twitter at @CadsiCanada.