PAMI is seeking and experienced, motivated, and strategic Business Development Officer to fulfill a sales role specific to the Ottawa region.
PAMI is a Government of Saskatchewan agency that works with Government agencies, crown corporations, manufacturers, industry groups, and individuals in research, design, fabrication, prototyping, testing, and documentation.
Reporting to the Business Development Supervisor, the incumbent fulfills a sales role specific to the Ottawa region. The incumbent will fulfill a role for developing, securing, and coordinating business development activities in the area of applied research, design Engineering, and testing. The incumbent must be able to work in an inter-disciplinary team. This position is based in Ottawa and working from a home office. PAMI will provide the incumbent with a company phone, computer, and any necessary office equipment required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Governmental agencies (DND, CBSA, RCMP, NRCan, AAFC, etc.) and private companies to secure program and project work to meet annual sales targets.
- Work in close conformance with PAMI’s processes, culture and values with minimal daily direction.
- Work through SOW development process with Clients.
- Write and edit proposals, briefs, reports and presentations.
- Develop and present briefings to clients and groups.
- Assist with strategic planning.
- Promote and represent PAMI at the senior level, including representation of PAMI’s senior management team on committees.
- Participate in committees, boards and attends seminars/conferences as required.
- Plans and flexibly adjust daily activities based on changing assignments and priorities.
- Manage existing Client portfolios and plans for long term strategic initiatives.
- Set and contribute to achievement of business development sales targets.
- Integrate between short term and long-term business development strategic plan.
- Manage and develop client relationships.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word software.
- An understanding of CRM and Project Management is a benefit; however, training will be offered.
Credentials and Experience.
- Post-Secondary Education.
- 10+ years of experience working with the Department of National Defence in the area of Program Management.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Level II clearance.
- Must hold a clean driver abstract.
- Fluent in the English language (Verbal and Written); bilingual (French) is a benefit.
- Must be able to enter and travel in foreign countries including the USA.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter including:
- What interests you about PAMI
- How your knowledge, skills, and abilities suite you for the position
- Examples of how your experience demonstrate your approach of meeting sales targets.
Send submissions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2018. Only selected applicants for an interview will be contacted.
Business Development Supervisor