Advocacy / CADSI News
Top Requested COVID-19 Business Resources
***UPDATED September 8, 2021***
We've curated the top requested resources to help companies navigate the business implications of COVID-19. This page is updated as new resources become available.
Canada's Vaccination Plan
- COVID-19 Vaccination FAQs + Update on mandatory public service/CAF vaccines here.
- Regular updates on the progress of Canada's vaccination efforts here.
- Information on vaccine safety, approval process, and ongoing monitoring here.
- Ontario will require people to provide proof of their vaccination status to access certain businesses and other settings starting Sept. 22, 2021.
- Quebec introduced vaccine passports on Sept. 1, 2021
Travel, mandatory quarantine and who qualifies for exemption
- Find out if you can travel to Canada here.
- Learn if you qualify for the fully-vaccinated traveller exemption here.
- Download the ArriveCAN app and find information on the app here.
- Guidance for foreign workers entering Canada here.
- Infographic for travellers arriving by land or air
- Access free rapid COVID-19 antigen tests for your workplace here.
- Watch a video about rapid workplace testing at a defence company (CAE Inc.) here.
- Read more background on rapid COVID-19 antigen tests here (and in French here)
- Canadian Centre for Cyber Security here and here.
- UK guide for small businesses here.
- NIST guide to preventing eavesdropping and protecting privacy on virtual meetings here. (published 2020)
- U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Resources for Business here.
COVID-19 business support programs
- Global list of resources for managing your business during COVID-19 here.
- Federal Financial Supports - general Information here.
- Business Benefits Finder tool here.
- Highly Affected Sectors Credit Availability Program here.
- Canada Recovery Hiring Program (CRHP) here.
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) updates here (initial deadline has passed)
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) here.
- FAQ about the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) here.
- Large Employer Emergency Financing Facility (LEEFF) information here.
- Provincial Supports
- Trade Commissioner Service for information about COVID-19 and Canada’s international trade here.
- Export Development Canada's COVID-19 Relief for Businesses here.
- Business Development Canada's (BDC's) supports here.
- Canada Business App here.
- Chamber of Commerce's Canadian Business Resilience Network here and Recovery Toolkit here.
- Learn about CRA's changes to taxes and benefits here.
- CFIB's COVID-19 Small Business Help Centre here.
Managing your business and workforce during COVID-19
- Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters (CME) toolkit here.
- PHAC's risk-informed decision-making guidelines for workplaces and businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic here.
- Ontario's guidance on Manufacturing Health and Safety during COVID-19 here.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) guidance here.
- Workplace Safety and Prevention Services (Ontario) resources here.
- Wellness Together Canada for mental health resources here.
Sell or buy PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Government of Canada Essential Services Contingency Reserve here.
- Government of Canada's PPE Supply Hub here.
- Government of Ontario PPE Sales here.
Be aware of fraud
- Continuing/resuming work during the pandemic here.
- Defence Team FAQs (includes information regarding DND contractors) here.
Defence and marine acquisition notices and changes
- Buyandsell.gc.ca supplier news here.
- PSPC service continuity news here.
- U.S. Government COVID-19 Resource Centre here.
The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) is the national industry voice of more than 900 Canadian defence and security companies that produce world-class goods, services and technologies made across Canada and sought the world over. The industries contribute to the employment of more than 60,000 Canadians and generate $10 billion in annual revenues, roughly 60 per cent of which come from exports. To learn more, visit defenceandsecurity.ca and follow us on Twitter at @CadsiCanada .
Please direct all media inquiries to:
Tel: +1 613-235-5337 x43
The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries
251 Laurier Ave. West, Suite 300 Ottawa, ON, K1P 5J6