Accessing the US Defence Market / Myth-busting 101: Addressing the Rhetoric, Common Barriers & Roadblocks
A session especially designed for Canadian defence industry members to help address common perceptions, misunderstandings, myths and obstacles faced when working with the US defence market, specifically US Dept of Defence. Moderated by Iain Christie and featuring subject matter experts, this session will dispel three of the most common myths in this business arena:
- Myth – Canadian defence industry suppliers are not part of the US domestic defence market: Being able to address the rhetoric, the barriers and the common road blocks to the US defence market with facts, policy directives and US-Canadian cooperation agreements will assist to clear the air. The discussion will outline Canadian company’s status in US DoD procurement environment citing “chapter and verse”.
- Myth: The transition of US government to President-Elect Biden and his new administration; Will the resulting change in government have a positive or negative effect on procurement regarding the “Buy American” policy or approach? Many Canadian small businesses are seeking to gain a foothold or expand their US defence and security business opportunities but are unsure how to view the new US administration. The US Buy American approach is not new, but has seen a resurgence in the last few years. Will the new US administration’s approach to this foster new opportunities for Canadian defence SME’s?
- Myth: Canadian Firms cannot participate in Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) or other such US based programs. Programs and strategies are available which support start-ups and small businesses across the defence and security sector. The session will address the myth that the programs are not accessible and will present information on a practical approach by a CADSI small business member into gaining access to the US defence market and using such programs.
Join us! Each myth will feature a live Q&A with the subject matter expert. Email us your questions in advance to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This special event is expected to have a 90 minute duration. Login information will be sent to all registrants closer to the event date. This webinar is complimentary and is open to CADSI Members and Government.
This webinar is complimentary and is open to CADSI Members and Government.
Login information will be sent to all registrants closer to the event date.
March 10, 2021
This session will provide essential and precise information for CADSI members that cannot be found anywhere else!
By sessions' end, you will be able to:
1. Respond with confidence to common roadblocks presented by US procurement departments, and to be able to move forward with your business development processes.
2. Have 'chapter and verse' tactics in your tool kit to enjoy successful business relationships with the US.
3. Learn about the tried and true experiences from your industry peers, market consultants and US DoD specialists - this may save you many trials & errors!
Email us your questions in advance to: email@example.com