Advocacy / CADSI News
New deadline: CADSI is hiring a Marketing & Communications Coordinator
New Opportunity: Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
New application deadline - November 18, 2022.
The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) is seeking a creative and motivated Marketing and Communications Coordinator with the fresh skills and new ideas to join our small and mighty team located in downtown Ottawa. This is a new role within the organization.
Click on the image below for more details:
The successful candidate will report to the Marketing Manager but also work to support CADSI’s Communications Manager. They will be spending 70% of their time on communications designed to help members understand how to make the most of their membership. The remaining 30% will involve supporting CADSI’s Communications Manager working on advocacy communications – aimed at federal decision-makers and influencers and the national media. This balance may shift throughout the year depending on the project, priority, and needs.
Your work will include:
- Supporting and sometimes leading in the planning, coordination and execution of our owned and paid marketing and communication activities for membership or advocacy audiences, such as e-newsletters, social media accounts, CADSI’s corporate website and microsites, myCADSI member portal, etc.
- Drafting and proofreading a wide variety of text, ranging from social media content to member communications and advocacy content.
- Keeping CADSI’s messaging clear and consistent across materials and channels.
- Supporting the delivery of all CADSI events, including CANSEC and Canadian Armed Forces Outlooks.
- Monitoring social media, mainstream media and relevant trade publications and recommending opportunities to engage.
- Assisting with media relations and with fulfilling contra arrangements with media partners.
Above all, you must be willing to learn by doing. You will have many opportunities to drive your own professional development - trying new tools and tactics and picking up new skills with the support of the highly collaborative CADSI team. Our well-established learning culture encourages each employee to expand their skill sets while supporting coworkers.
Your Experience and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 3 years experience in communications or a related field such as marketing or journalism.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including a demonstrated ability to write clear, engaging, concise, and grammatically correct copy.
- Ability to creatively deliver content in new and memorable ways to a variety of audiences, zeroing in on the most effective way to reach people, then grab and hold their attention.
- Excellent news judgment and innate understanding of the importance of tone in all communications across various platforms.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage time under pressure.
- Ability to work for, engage with, and/or take direction from multiple stakeholders (internal team, members, government, etc.) while continuously managing priorities.
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in all Microsoft applications.
- Capable of working confidently in a team setting or individually.
- A track record of contributing to a positive, fun work atmosphere.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends and evenings.
You can set yourself apart from other candidates if you have:
- Experience using Office365, including SharePoint.
- Experience in basic graphic design, video production, photography, or any program within Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects).
- An ability to communicate in both official languages.
- Experience managing or supporting the management of corporate social media accounts.
- Some knowledge of – or experience with – the defence, security, and cyber security industries, the Canadian government, or the Canadian military.
The position is full-time for a three-year term. The compensation package – including a competitive salary, vacation, and comprehensive benefits package – will be discussed during the initial interview. CADSI’s benefits package includes dental and vision care, a health and wellness credit, and regular opportunities for professional development.
Your Working Environment
You will work in a newly renovated, open-concept and climate-controlled office environment in downtown Ottawa. We have flexible hours that combine in-office and remote-based work, depending on our event production timetable and other projects. Every CADSI employee’s workstation is equipped with an adjustable sit/stand desk, ergonomic chair, and laptop.
Overtime, particularly in producing CANSEC, and local travel may be required on occasion.
Regular team-building activities keep us energized and learning from each other away from the office.
CADSI is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, flexible, and accessible working environment. CADSI welcomes those who would contribute to the further diversification of staff, including, but not limited to, women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter of no more than two pages that addresses the following points:
- Why you want to work for CADSI.
- How your background and skills ideally suit you for this position.
- Ways in which your work experience demonstrates your result-oriented professional approach.
- Salary expectations.
Submissions should be directed to Ms. Pinar Tuncer, Marketing Manager, and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than midnight EDT on November 18, 2022. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
CADSI is the national and international industry voice of more than 650 Canadian defence, security and cyber companies that produce world-class goods, services and technologies made across Canada and sought the world over. The industries contribute to the employment of more than 78,000 Canadians and generate $12 billion in annual revenues, over 50 percent of which come from exports. To learn more, visit www.defenceandsecurity.ca and follow us on Twitter at @CadsiCanada or on LinkedIn.
The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) is the national industry voice of more than 650 Canadian defence, security and cybersecurity companies that produce world-class goods, services and technologies made across Canada and sought the world over. The industries contribute to the employment of more than 78,000 Canadians and generate $12.6 billion in annual revenues, roughly half of which come from exports. To learn more, visit defenceandsecurity.ca and follow us on Twitter at @CadsiCanada .
Please direct all media inquiries to:
Tel: +1 613-235-5337 x43
The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries
251 Laurier Ave. West, Suite 300 Ottawa, ON, K1P 5J6