Job Title: Member Relations Specialist
Reports to: Member Services Manager
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Before midnight EDT on Wednesday April 17th, 2019
The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) is seeking a motivated and energetic Members Relations Specialist (MRS) to join a small and dynamic team within CADSI.
The MRS will be responsible for maintaining member relations and providing customer service for all internal and external CADSI associates through the utilization of CADSI’s customer service department, products and programs. While evolving CADSI’s members service experience, the MRS will help in the renewal process of current members and actively impact the recruitment of new members. Through the broad range of customer relation duties, in support of CADSI’s membership, the MRS will ensure the association remains a world class leader in customer service at the premium end of the association industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Member customer service, administrative and system support
• Oversees member issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
• Maintains in-depth working knowledge of CADSI’s systems and processes
• Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
• Phone outreach, renumeration and solicitation with members and prospective members
• Develops and coordinates annual membership and targeted campaigns
• Develops and coordinates plans for retention of existing members and growth of new members
• Manage and maintain a multifaceted prospect pipeline and verbalize the appropriate value proposition for each
• Input new prospect information and maintain account information in organization’s CRM system
• Communicate full advantages of membership, services and programs to prospective members
• Provide a seamless transition for new members while working in tandem with membership implementation
• Provide regular reports on membership development activities and quantifying results
• Develop membership promotional materials in coordination with key departments, including brochures, member kits, and membership cards
• Develops and implements procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the Customer Service Department
• Manage and oversee recognition of outstanding members and annual mentorship award
• Monitors programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction
• Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications
• University graduate in business management, sales or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience, or a related field an asset.
• Minimum of five years’ experience
• Experience in developing sales and customer service-related team and programs.
• Knowledge of the defence and security industrial sector an asset.
• Effective management of budgets and schedules.
• Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
• Bilingual essential (English/French)
• Customer service skills or call centre skills
• Outgoing call experience
• Research skills
• Effective written, verbal and listening communication skills
• Strong administratively and attention to details
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage time and
• Must possess excellent writing skills and be an effective communicator among a diverse
• Database management and analysis
• Knowledge and training in CRM tools is an asset.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter of no more than two pages
that addresses the following points:
1. Why you want to work for CADSI.
2. How your background and skills ideally suit you to fulfil this position.
3. Ways in which your work experience demonstrate your results-oriented professional approach.
Submissions should be sent by email to email@example.com by no later than midnight EDT
on Wednesday April 17th, 2019. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Download as a PDF.
The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) is the national industry voice of more
than 900 Canadian defence and security companies that produce world-class goods, services and
technologies made across Canada and sought the world over. The industry contributes to the employment
of more than 60,000 Canadians and generate $10 billion in annual revenues, roughly 60 per cent of which
come from exports. To learn more, visit www.defenceandsecurity.ca or on Twitter at @CadsiCanada.