The Membership Service Manager (MSM) sets the tone for the organization’s relationships. The MSM is responsible for overseeing the strategic direction of our associations membership customer service relations by developing standards to formulate the organizations outreach strategies. Maintaining effective customer service for all internal and external CADSI relationships by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of association products and programs as well as team members within the Membership Service Department.
- This position will report to the Associate Vice President of Business Development
- The Membership Service Manager will have accountability for the development of customer service & sales related strategies supporting CADSI’s business development objectives, priorities and plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
Membership Service Manager
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the membership and education services provides guidance to one staff member under his/her supervision.
- Support and promote company-wide culture of customer success
- Develops and implements procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the customer service department
- Oversees customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
- Monitors programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall loyalty scores
- Align with Sales around cross-sell and up-sell and focus on selling with retention focus
- Drive customer success outcomes by increasing renewal rates and reducing churn
- Sets performance standards to meet service goals of CADSI
- Clear understanding of financials such as annual operating plan, monthly financials and long-range planning
- Align with executive team around key metrics and objective
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
- Develop CADSI-wide annual strategic membership outreach program with other key departments to recruit, educate, inform and retain
- Outreach program will require Membership Service Manager to travel throughout the year across Canada
- Coordinate with key departments CADSI’s participation at regional events and activities deploying tactics such as round tables, exhibit space, sponsorship, networking receptions etc. to engage community
- Develop relationships with Federal Regional Agencies, Key Federal, Provincial and Municipal departments (Example: National Research Canada, Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario, Invest Ottawa)
- Firm understanding of programs offered by Federal, Provincial and Municipal governments that can assist members. (Example: CanExport)
- Conceive, define, develop and implement plan to create Customer Lifecyle Reporting which delivers: As example accurate membership data, business intelligence (BI) for Corporate needs as well as government or key stakeholder industry intelligence
- Manage Customer Success through onboarding, training etc.
- Manage education content development team, learning management system and evaluate future content requirements
- Maintains in-depth working knowledge of CADSI’s systems and processes
- Assist companies navigate opportunities available through the government of Canada
- Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs
- Align with Product around driving product roadmap
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- University graduate in business management, sales or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience, or a related field an asset
- Minimum of ten years’ experience
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Experience in developing sales and customer service related team and programs
- Knowledge of the defence and security industrial sector an asset
- Effective management of budgets and schedules
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
Skills & Abilities
- Bilingual essential (English/French)
- Research skills
- Effective written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage time and multitask effectively
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Must possess excellent writing skills and be an effective communicator among a diverse constituency
- Database management and analysis
- Knowledge and training in CRM tools is an asset
- Ability to prioritize work
- Ability to design and build leads using workflow campaigns that pull leads down a sales funnel
- Experience selling to executive level decision makers
- Strong motivation and self-driven
- Problem solving, often on very short timelines
- Working to tight deadlines
- Team player with demonstrated attention to detail and being able to work independently
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy
- Has strong business acumen and can use data to create processes, prioritize effectively, and creatively solve complex problems
- Superior interpersonal skills, including ability to relate effectively with people at all levels both internal and external to CADSI
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Occasional travel may be required
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Customer-service focused
- Flexible, Cooperative and team oriented
- Willing to update and apply job knowledge, and to share it as required
- As appropriate using relevant information and individual judgement to ensure compliance with policy, procedures, laws regulations and standards
- Monitor processes, events and environment to detect or assess and fix or report problems related to duties
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter of no more than two pages that addresses the following points:
- Why you want to work for the CADSI.
- How your background and skills ideally suit you to fulfil this position.
- Ways in which your work experience demonstrate your result-oriented professional approach.
- Salary expectations.
Submissions should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than midnight EDT on Monday September 24, 2018. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Download as PDF.
The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) is the national industry voice of more than 900 Canadian defence and security companies that produce world-class goods, services and technologies made across Canada and sought the world over. The industries contributes to the employment of more than 60,000 Canadians and generate $10 billion in annual revenues, roughly 60 per cent of which come from exports. To learn more about CADSI and Canada’s defence and security industry, visit www.defenceandsecurity.ca and follow us on Twitter at @CadsiCanada.