The senior management team is seeking a professional and highly organized Executive Assistant who possesses a broad base of administrative, coordination and computer skills. The ideal candidate is an individual who is able to work in the fast-paced environment of a small business and work independently as well as in a team setting. The position reports directly to the President and CEO who is the public face of the Association and who reports to a Board of Directors. As such the candidate must be meticulous, organized, an exceptional planner and discrete.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, co-ordinate, schedule and proactively plan the schedule of the President and CEO as it rapidly evolves from day-to-day (advanced understanding of Outlook calendars and scheduling).
- Manage and coordinate agendas, meetings (including teleconferences) and activities for other senior executives using Outlook and a polycom system.
- Receive and screen all inbound e-mails, calls and visitors for the senior management team; refer and/or redirect calls, emails or visitors as applicable.
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to all members of the senior management team, as directed by verbal or written instruction.
- Make complex travel arrangements for President and Senior Executives as requested.
- Coordinate the logistical aspects of Board of Directors meetings, roundtables, committee meetings and occasional special events.
- Assist in the production of Board of Directors documents (requires a strong understanding of how to use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC).
- Preparing correspondence such as memos, agendas, Board reports, emails and letters.
- Take meeting minutes for various meetings including senior management meetings (which may contain highly confidential information).
- Handle office expenses on behalf of the senior management team and submit incoming invoices to Accounting for processing and final approval.
- Respond to inquiries from CADSI’s senior management team, Board of Directors, operating committees, and members.
- Assist in the planning of staff activities as required.
- Occasionally attend industry functions with CADSI colleagues.
- Order supplies on behalf of the senior management team.
- Greet persons entering the CADSI office, notify appropriate CADSI colleague, direct visitor to meeting location and offer refreshment if needed.
- Arrange catering for in-house meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent planning and pro-active office management and calendar management skills.
- Excellent time management skills and clear respect for deadlines.
- Strong judgement and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to connect political events and activities with key stakeholders and Association activities.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple demands by prioritizing effectively.
- Excellent aptitude for interpersonal relations combined with an ability to interact with senior management and other team members in a professional and effective manner.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside normal working hours when required.
- Post-secondary education.
- Experience as an Executive Assistant.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Canadian government.
- Interest in defence and security industries.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter of no more than two pages along with your salary expectations. Submissions should be sent by email to Bal.email@example.com. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) is the national industry voice of more than 800 Canadian defence and security companies that produce world-class goods, services and technologies made across Canada and sought the world over. The industries contributes to the employment of more than 63,000 Canadians and generate $10 billion in annual revenues, roughly 60 per cent of which come from exports. To learn more, visit www.defenceandsecurity.ca and follow us on Twitter at @CadsiCanada.