Organization: Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI)
Job Title: Information Management/Information Technology, Communications Equipment
(IM/IT & C) Manager
Reports to: Vice-President, Operations
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Apply at: email@example.com
The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) is seeking a proven professional and experienced Information Management, Information Technology and Communications (IM/IT & C) Manager to manage and be responsible for the association’s broad range of Information Management, Information Technology and Communications equipment and services.
This exciting opportunity would allow an experienced, responsible and accountable Information Management/Technology, Communications (IM/IT & C) professional to focus on a dynamic sector of the Canadian economy. This position will require the full range of essential IM/IT & C skills along with essential budgeting and project management competencies to strategically create and implement programs to ensure maximum effective functioning of the Corporation’s IT /IM & C environment at all times – such efforts designed to increase the overall operational effectiveness of CADSI and maximize value to our colleagues, membership and key stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Information Management / Information Technology and Communications (IM/IT & C) Manager will be responsible for:
Information Management, Information Technology and Communications
- Strategically plan, manage, organize and control all essential IM/ IT & C and Communication equipment and services and constantly evaluate its performance as necessary to maintain Corporate operating effectiveness and achieve association objectives
- Establishing and managing departmental annual budgets and monthly expenses; reporting regularly on performance against budget
- Effectively identifying IM/ IT & C priorities and opportunities and provide rationale and or business case recommendations for same
- Conceptualizing, managing and coordinating necessary IT / IM & C projects within schedule and on budget. Identifying and utilizing necessary internal and external resources/suppliers mobilizing the coordination of user departments and stakeholders
- Additionally, to above, plan, organize and direct project resources and key user departments in the creation of IM / IT & C databases, CRM’s, services or e-tools as the case may be
- Performing regular inventory management and monitor performance of all IM / IT & C equipment, services, back up storage, to ensure maximum operability of all systems, connectivity’s, wifi ensuring business continuity
- Identifying risks and assess threats and recommend/implement necessary computer or Cyber protection and precautions
- Ensuring absolute security of all equipment, data, networks, system access and back-up systems
- Performing regular maintenance, repairs, troubleshoot and or respond to calls for service efficiently.
- Performing repairs and or equipment replacements for all IM / IT & C equipment, networks, servers, suppliers as the case may be
- Possessing experience to effectively utilize and leverage all information technology, information management, website, web-based tools and social media platforms to execute Corporate and Departmental goals and to provide maximum member support and benefits
- Directly managing key service support and supplier relations utilized by the Corporation or Department to execute deliverables and provide essential services
- Identifying, managing and overseeing procurement of essential products, services and external supplier contractor relationships
- Continually assessing departmental performance, providing recommendations for increased revenue opportunities or operational efficiencies and savings
- Possessing a keen awareness of Canadian legislation and Industry business standards and practices relating to IT / IM & C operations
- Identifying and achieving departmental key performance indicators (KPI’s), assessing success in achieving KPIs as well as regularly reporting on same
- Event Execution - Pre-event, On site execution of all event operations, plans and initiatives. Providing support as required to all departments, such as but not limited to; produce and assist in the production of tradeshows, conferences, meetings, Board Meetings, webinars and interactive telecommunications events
- Collaborating, supporting and advancing CADSI’s key stakeholder relations and operating committees such as but not limited to Whole of Government group, Business Development Operations group and Small Medium Enterprise committees
- Supporting all CADSI departments as required in achieving corporate objectives
- Facilitating and promoting a positive, proactive, team player attitude and fostering workplace harmony
- Recruit, train, coach, onboard colleagues and perform and/or participate in annual performance appraisals
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
As a creative and resourceful individual, the ideal candidate will have superior knowledge, skills and be able to demonstrate proven capabilities and experiences in successfully managing a high performing IM/IT & C operation. This individual will possess the following qualifications:
- University or college graduate in computer sciences, information systems or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience or a related field is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to deliver with proven capabilities and experiences in successfully managing a high performing IM/IT & C operation, included related programs and project management (ideally, a minimum of five years progressive experience)
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, IM / IT & C systems, Network Systems, Cyber Security and Industry best practices
- Experience in building an IM IT & C infrastructure including managing and supporting both MAC, Microsoft, PC, laptop, wireless environments, build and maintain web environments, email systems, (including but not limited to Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365, OS X suite and Mail, or more current versions), smartphones and all communications assets
- Excellent and impeccable written and verbal communications skills
- Bilingualism - Use of both official languages is preferred
- Competent understanding of the defence and security industry is an asset
- Demonstrate initiative & problem solving skills while managing a high volume of work and multiple priorities & projects
- Experience in assisting in the development and executing social media, media relations, digital communications designed to increase reach, member benefits and grow audiences
- Demonstrable experience in effectively managing budgets, schedules, deadlines and maintain high quality standards
- Experience in managing consultants and service providers would be an asset
- High level of interpersonal skills, adaptable and capable of discreetly handling confidential situations and information
- Exercise excellent judgement and leadership skills
- Capable of working flexible hours including evenings and occasionally weekends to get the job done
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter of no more than two pages that addresses the following points:
Why you want to work for the CADSI.
How your background and skills ideally suit you to fulfil this position.
Ways in which your work experience demonstrate your result-oriented professional approach.
Submissions should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than midnight EDT on Friday September 29, 2017. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) is the national industry voice of more than 800 Canadian defence and security companies that produce world-class goods, services and technologies made across Canada and sought the world over. The industry contributes to the employment of more than 63,000 Canadians and generate $10 billion in annual revenues, roughly 60 per cent of which come from exports. To learn more about CADSI and Canada’s defence and security industry, visit www.defenceandsecurity.ca and follow us on Twitter at @CadsiCanada.