The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) is seeking a motivated, experienced, and energetic Marketing Manager to manage and lead the association’s broad range of marketing, member communications, and social media & branding efforts within the Business Development, Membership, Event and Operations department.
This exciting opportunity would allow an experienced marketing and communications professional to focus on a dynamic sector of the Canadian economy. This position will require the full range of marketing and communications skills along with essential budgeting and project management competencies to strategically create and implement programs to realize the associations corporate objectives –all such efforts designed to increase the overall awareness of CADSI and maximize value to our membership and key stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
Marketing and communications
- Strategically creating, implementing and managing a corporate marketing & communications plan and outreach programs coordinated interdepartmentally, to achieve the association’s objectives
- Establishing and managing departmental annual budgets and monthly expenses; reporting regularly on performance against budget
- Effectively identifying marketing & communications priorities and opportunities
- Conceptualizing, managing and coordinating projects within schedule and budget. Identifying and utilizing necessary internal and external resources/suppliers
- Creating and protecting CADSI’s brand & event branding and ensuring its prominence in the marketplace
- Effectively managing and leveraging all information technology, information management, website, web-based tools and social media platforms to execute marketing and communications plans and to provide maximum member support and benefits
- Creating and writing content necessary for marketing and communications pieces, collaborating as required interdepartmentally, most notably with the policy/advocacy strategic communications
- Creating and producing marketing and communications collateral necessary for departmental needs such as but not limited to sales, sponsorship, membership and event operations
- Identifying, managing and overseeing procurement of essential products, services and external supplier contractor relationships
- Continually assessing departmental performance, providing recommendations for increased revenue opportunities or operational efficiencies and savings
- Possessing a keen awareness of Canadian legislation and Industry business standards and practices relating to marketing and communications correspondence distribution i.e.: CASL
- Working closely with CADSI’s Policy, Advocacy and Government Relations teams to:
- Collaboratively develop content for CADSI members to keep them up to date on CADSI’s business development, membership and operations items;
- Maximize awareness and coverage of CADSI products/services by coordinating schedules, and resources and communicate these activities with key audiences
- Be familiar with and manage industry publications and media; place advertisements, secure advertising agreements; synchronize media messaging with CADSI’s Policy, Advocacy and Government Relations
- Continually monitoring and analyzing the industry landscape for key issues, risks and opportunities & emerging trends affecting the organization; developing a marketing & communications approach to address such issues
- Identifying and achieving departmental key performance indicators (KPI’s), assessing success in achieving KPIs as well as regularly reporting on same
- Event Execution - Pre-event, On site execution of all event marketing and communications plans and initiatives. Providing support as required to all departments
- Collaborating, supporting and advancing CADSI’s key stakeholder relations and operating committees such as but not limited to Whole of Government group, Business Development Operations group and Small Medium Enterprise committees
- Managing and mentoring Graphics Design position and other reports as assigned
- Supporting all CADSI departments as required in achieving corporate objectives
- Facilitating and promoting a positive, proactive, team player attitude and fostering workplace harmony
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
As a creative and resourceful individual, the ideal candidate will be able to market and communicate CADSI’s mission and interests and to connect with target audiences. Specifically, this individual will possess the following qualifications:
- University graduate in business, marketing, communications or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience or a related field is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and implement strategic marketing and communications programs and project management (ideally, a minimum of five years progressive experience)
- Excellent and impeccable written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in marketing and communications content creation, editing, copy editing within a wide range of print and digital communications vehicles
- Bilingualism - Use of both official languages is preferred
- Competent understanding of the defence and security industry is an asset
- Demonstrate initiative & problem solving skills while managing a high volume of work and multiple priorities & projects
- Experience in development and executing social media, media relations, digital communications designed to increase reach, member benefits and grow audiences
- Demonstrable experience in effectively managing budgets, schedules, deadlines and maintain high quality standards
- Experience in managing consultants and service providers would be an asset
- High level of interpersonal skills, adaptable and capable of discreetly handling confidential situations and information
- Exercise excellent judgement and leadership skills
- Capable of working flexible hours including evenings and occasionally weekends to get the job done
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter of no more than two pages that addresses the following points:
- Why you want to work for the CADSI.
- How your background and skills ideally suit you to fulfil this position.
- Ways in which your work experience demonstrate your result-oriented professional approach.
- Salary expectations.
Submissions should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than midnight EDT on Thursday August 10 2017. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) is the national industry voice of more than 800 Canadian defence and security companies that produce world-class goods, services and technologies made across Canada and sought the world over. The industries contributes to the employment of more than 63,000 Canadians and generate $10 billion in annual revenues, roughly 60 per cent of which come from exports. To learn more about CADSI and Canada’s defence and security industry, visit www.defenceandsecurity.ca and follow us on Twitter at @CadsiCanada.