Canada-U.S. Relations In an Era of Trade Protectionism + Defence & National Security
Canada and the United States share interests in continental security and the success of the industrial base that underpins our national security. Additionally, the success of the Canadian defence industry relies on access to the U.S. market. This Executive Summit will explore how the continental defence industrial base can be strengthened in the context of the current political and security environment.
- Wednesdy, May 18, 2022 - 11:00am - 3:00pm Eastern
- Full agenda available here.
Fireside Chat: The Hon. Anita Anand, Minister of National Defence will participate in a fireside chat to kick-off the event.
Panel 1: Strengthening the Continental Defence Industrial Base Given our shared geography and security interests, Canada and the U.S. have a mutual interest in a strong continental defence industrial base that meets the realities of the current security environment. This panel will examine how we can strengthen the continental defense industrial base, focusing in particular on NORAD modernization.
- Mark Agnew, Senior Vice President, Policy and Government Relations
- Kevin Ford, CEO, Calian
- Nicolas Todd, Vice President, Government Relations and Communications, CADSI
- Stephen Hampton, Director, Public Policy and Government Affairs, Telesat
Panel 2: Navigating Canada-U.S. Relations In an Era of Trade Protectionism & Great Power Politics This panel will examine the resurgence of U.S. protectionism, focusing in particular on the national security and geo-political drivers of this shift, and will consider future risks and opportunities for Canadian businesses in this new global environment.
- Sam Boutziouvis, Vice-President, Government Relations & Multilateral Development Institutions and Co-chair of the International Affairs
- Candice Sider, Vice President, Government and Regulatory Affairs, Livingston International
- Prof. Meredith Lilly, Associate Professor and Simon Reisman Chair in International Economic Policy, Carleton University
- Mike Gladstone, Director, External Affairs, Canada, Enbridge